Milltown Physiotherapy is providing a comprehensive cancer rehabilitation service for women undergoing treatment for breast and gynaecological cancers.
Physiotherapy evaluation for Breast Cancer / Gynecological Cancer
Services provided include physiotherapy for cancer rehab, lymphedema and return to sports.
1. Prospective Surveillance Model of Care (PSM)
Pre-op assessment, early post op assessment and scheduled monitoring for early identification and physiotherapy of the common cancer treatment sequelae.
2. Manual therapy for
- Cording/Axillary web syndrome
- Adherent scars
- Radiation fibrosis
3. Secondary lymphoedema care for
- Prevention – measure and fit the BSN “Bella Lite” compression garment
- Management – Complete Decongestive Therapy, with multilayer bandaging, MLD, exercise and custom made compression garments
4. Therapeutic Exercise for
- Shoulder mobility (Breast Care)
- Pelvic mobility
- Strong Pink Women Pilates classes
- 35 mins of moderate level physical activity daily
- Return to sports
5. Patient education
- Cellulitis prevention and management
- Lymphedema risk reduction practices
- Flying and holidays after cancer treatment
- Meticulous skin care
- Self MLD