WHAT IS PILATES?
With Pilates exercise you learn to:
- Increase your body awareness.
- Become familiar with good and bad spinal posture.
- Breathe correctly.
- Isolate and use deep abdominal muscles to support the spine.
- Target key postural muscles as you learn to train the muscles from the inside out.
- Correct pelvic floor activation.
Core stability and strength.
Relief from spinal pain.
Better balance and coordination.
Effective rehabilitation following acute episodes of spinal pain.
Heightened mind body awareness.
OUR PILATES CLASSES
Our classes are limited to a small number – 6 to 8 per class. We provide individual assessments by physiotherapists before you start your course to ensure correct technique and highlight special areas that you need to focus on.
All of the exercises are gentle and suitable for people who have back pain or joint problems. Our Modified Pilates Classes are taught by physiotherapists with appropriate Pilates qualifications.
We offer 3 different levels: Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced. We will help you to find out which one suits you better.
Are you pregnant? Have just given birth?
All ante and post natal Pilates classes are led by Chartered Physiotherapists who are experienced in the rehabilitation of women’s health conditions .